Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Come on Christmas!

This time last week I couldn't believe Christmas was just around the corner and I didn't feel ready at all! Well, after a weekend at home to get some stuff done, I am ready.....or at least very close :)

Brandon put up the tree on Friday (again gotta get him busy with his "honey-do" list while he is off on Friday's!), and we decorated it when I got home from work. Saturday morning I put up the rest of the decorations, and then we headed out shopping. We only hit two stores - Belk's and Wal-mart, but we got a lot done. We even picked up the wreath for the front door on the way home. I do artificial inside the house with the tree and mantel, but I love the smell of pine (reminds me of Christmas), so I love having a live wreath on the front door so that I can smell it going in and out of the house. The debris of pine needles on the ground is worth it.

I don't have pictures to post :( because our camera is still BROKE. But, we did check out possible candidates for new ones while shopping. If it were up to me, I would already have one, but I gotta respect my hubby for his bargain hunting and researching skills. He IS the reason we have all that we have right now, because I have ZERO budgeting capabilities (and they allow me to be in charge of paying out millions of dollars on a daily basis at work! HA!! - no seriously, I am good at that, but I am tired of worrying about money by the time I get home).

After a Target run later on Saturday night, I am pretty much done with the shopping. Not going all out this year - but don't think anyone is due to the financial situation (which doesn't boast well for the economy improving).

So, come on Christmas! - I am ready to celebrate with friends and family, and to celebrate the birth of Jesus!!

No comments: