Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ready for spring.....

We have spent a good portion of this weekend out on our back patio. It has been wonderful! Even got too hot at times that I had to come inside to cool down for a bit. I am loving the warmer weather, but must admit I am a little worried about what this summer is going to hold for us when it is already in the 80's the first week of April! But, I know the nice weather and being outside is just what the doctor ordered. Let's just say it was a hectic end to March, and both the hubby and I needed some down time and fresh air this weekend. We have had a low key Easter. I think the first one that we didn't do a fancy meal, or get together with friends/family. We did however get to see family in Wilkesboro yesterday, so I guess I can't say we went without. And hearing the organ back in working order at church this morning made my heart smile. I had goose bumps a good portion of the service.

Two weekends ago, I had a nice visit with my family in DC. My parents and I rode the train to see my brother and his new apt in Crystal City. The train ride was neat, and now when I hear the sounds of the train in a distance off my back patio, I listen just a little more closely. Below are a couple of pics from our weekend together.

CELEBRATING MY GREAT AUNT'S 90TH BIRTHDAY IN LANGHORNE, PA


MY NEW FAVORITE PHOTO OF MY BROTHER AND ME (Old Town Arlington, VA)


MY WONDERFULLY SWEET PARENTS ;) (National Museum of American History)


THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF!! I GOT THE "TASH" SIGN AT THE CRAFT FAIR IN NOVEMBER.....OF COURSE GOT AN "INSCORE" ONE TOO :) HOWEVER, MY BRO WAS GOOD AND HUNG HIS RIGHT AWAY, WHERE OURS STILL SITS IN A CLOSET WAITING FOR THE PERFECT SPOT :)


Brandon did not have as good of a weekend as I did. He was supposed to have a relaxing weekend at home while I was away, but after a phone call Thurs night from our friend, Brian, he and two friends decided a trip to CT was top priority. And I am so glad they listened to their guts. Joey, Pat and Brandon drove up to Connecticut and had a good visit with Brian Cari. While he was weak and very sleepy, he had his sense of humor, and I am so thankful for that. Later that night, Brian passed away in his sleep. His fight against pancreatic cancer held strong for 9 months since diagnosis. I admire him so much for his positive attitude!!

Last weekend, Brandon and I met up with the rest of the Pi Kappa Phi clan + significant others from Elon in Connecticut to remember and celebrate the life of Brian. The service was beautiful, and the stories we all told to remember all the good times with Brian warmed all our hearts. Of course my heart still aches for Brian's fiance, Melissa and his family, but we all know the we now have a sweet angel looking over us.

PI KAPPA PHI BROTHERS REMEMBERING BRIAN


BROTHERS + SIGNIFICANT OTHERS TELLING BRIAN STORIES OVER DINNER


So, now I am ready for spring.....ready for some weekend get-aways already planned, and others that will come our way. Ready to sit back and relax and enjoy time with my family and friends. Because life is too short, and we all have to remember to stop and smell the flowers and enjoy those moments and people around us.

No comments: