Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Telling our parents the news....

JUNE 8TH:
We are still so early on, but so very excited, that we can't help but share our news with our immediate family. Figure if something goes wrong, we are going to need their support.

On Friday, June 4th, we have Ginny's parents over for dinner. We are standing in the kitchen talking and finishing up fixing dinner. I say, "Before we sit down, we need you two to put your thinking caps on. We need you to tell us what you want to be called......because you are going to be GRANDPARENTS!" I knew they would be excited, but never imagined how much. This will be their first grandchild. Well, I look at my dad and he is already bright red and eyes filled with tears. My mom looks at me and says "Are you serious?!" as she goes to hug me, and then starts jumping, or running in place, or something - she just can't stand still. It was awesome!! And if you know my family, we are big on signs. Mom brought me some of her hydrangea blooms to decorate the table. And she chose to bring the blue blooms from their front yard, as opposed to the pink ones from the backyard :) Only time will tell, but this was my first sign that we just might have a boy.



We told Brandon's parents the following weekend. We had planned to wait and tell them our first night at the beach, but due to a little scare we had early on this pregnancy, we had a last minute doctor's appt Thursday morning (the day we were supposed to be leaving for the family beach trip). So, Brandon called his parents to say, Ginny is pregnant, but there is a problem, and we need to go to the doctor. It wasn't the ideal way to tell them, but of course wanted them to know. They were of course concerned. The beach, although a little stressful, since the doctor visit still left us wondering if this pregnancy was going to survive, was relaxing. And Brandon's parents and he were so supportive and encouraging to me. So, I am glad I had the support of such wonderful family!!

No comments: