Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Concerts

So, I don't know why, but I don't really like concerts.....never really have. I LOVE music, and enjoy hanging out with friends, but just not a fan of concerts. I think it is the extremely LOUD music, crowds, and craziness that usually surrounds them. Plus, just can't usually justify spending the money on tickets - since usually pretty expensive for anyone worth seeing.

Brandon enjoys going to concerts......so this has become something that I am perfectly fine having him go off with friends and do without me. We enjoy doing things together, but definitely have certain things that one of us enjoys and the other doesn't.

However, I am looking forward to this weekend. We are heading to Merlefest in Wilkesboro. This is an annual bluegrass music festival on Wilkes Community College's campus. Brandon grew up going, and it is something he really enjoys. It has never worked out for me to go before - either because I had something else going on, or just passed, again due to my distaste with concerts. But at any rate, I promised him we would go this year, and now I am looking forward to it. The weather looks like it is going to be nice, it will be a chance to slow down for a weekend and just enjoy the outdoors and time with my hubby, as well as a visit with some family (since we will be in town and all).

So, I will report upon on return, and hopefully have some pictures to share as well.

No comments: