Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter weekend

Not the traditional Easter weekend for us........but I am realizing more and more that Brandon and I need to start our own traditions and just do what makes us happy. While I would love to see the Inscore's and my niece and nephew for Easter, I am actually looking forward to staying in Greensboro and having fun with friends and doing stuff around the house. Plus, we will be up in Wilkesboro in a couple of weeks for Merlefest - can't believe I have been with Brandon for almost 10 years, and never been to Merlefest! Anyway, so we will get to see family then. We did tie down my VERY VERY busy parents and are having a relaxing afternoon with them in Winston on Sunday, so it will be good to see them, and at least we will have some connection to family during this holiday weekend. I am excited for my brother and all the awesome career opportunities he has, and it's not like we don't get to see him a couple of times a year, but I miss him more around holidays. My family was very close growing up. We always spent time together during holidays. I also miss my Nana at times like this. I would love to have her here and show her our house and have her get to know my wonderful husband more (since she only met him towards the end), and take her to church with us on Sunday so she could see the awesome church home we have found! Anyway, I am rambling.....hence the name of my blog! :)

Our Easter weekend started out with a trip to Durham last night to meet up with some friends for a Durham Bulls game. While we should probably have been in Greensboro for the Grasshoppers opening night, it was fun to see a different area of the triad and see friends. I will post some pics later. I took today off work so that Brandon and I could hang out and do some errands. We have started a wish list for things we want to do at the house, and are going to check out some paint samples and floorings today. Tonight is a dinner gathering with some people from church to welcome new members, so that will be fun! I always enjoy getting to know people from our church better. I tend to do what most do, and hover in the groups of people I do know, so this will force me to branch out and talk with more people, which is great! Tomorrow is NO PLANS day......I am determined to just play the day by ear (and not making plans....but we may actually check out a Greensboro Grasshoppers game on Saturday night if anyone is interested?!?). And then Sunday of course is celebrating the meaning of this holiday......I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL EASTER WEEKEND with those you love the most!

No comments: