Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Glass half full

Today's sermon spoke to me. I always try to get something out of everyone I hear, but every once and a while, I feel they really speak to me, and give me just what I need to hear. God does not put us in situations to punish us. He doesn't take us down a path in life that we did not expect in order to hurt us. There is a reason for everything. This is what gets me through each day. Good and bad in life....we all need a reality check once a while. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Rascal Flatts, "Bless the Broken Road". We all have our days when we are down, and sometimes for no apparent reason. I know I have so many things to be thankful for, and need to remember that my life is my own, and no one else's. Even though I feel things should be happening for me a certain way, doesn't mean that is what my life's journey is meant to be. And honestly, that is what makes life so interesting! If everything happened exactly how we wanted and when we wanted, what would be the fun in that. You would miss out on opportunities and doors that are opened that you were ignoring because you were so caught up on how things should be. As some know, I have been struggling with God's plan for us to start a family. I know I am not alone in this struggle, and while you can't help for a split second to be jealous when others seem to have what you want, there IS A REASON.....God has spoken! I don't want anyone worrying about me, or taking pitty on me. I am ok with it. And I have nothing but joy in my heart for my friends around me that are welcoming God's precious gifts into the world. My day will come. Tomorrow, I am meeting with a new doctor. One who I hope will listen to what I am feeling, and how I struggle with interfering with God's plan. So, don't worry, just PRAY that God will make his plan clear and help me with the next step. I have so many other great things in my life to focus on, and stick with my theory of not letting this consume me. It isn't fair to me, my husband, or my friends. But I do appreciate those who let me vent and talk it out, because it does help from time to time. I just feel for my mom, who keeps getting asked about grandkids, for people who are just trying to start conversation and ask if you have kids, and for those who you know care what is going on with you. Some days I feel like talking about it, others I don't. I just want to focus my time and energy on enjoying the gifts that God has given me today, and let the rest fall into place when the timing is right.

1 comment:

Emily said...

big hugs to you, my friend!! you are a wonderful woman and will be an amazing mother one day. there's no doubt in my mind.

good luck tomorrow. Let me know how it goes and how you feel about her, if you are feeling up to it.

love ya!