Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby Showers

I have a weekend full of baby showers, and I can't wait! I think any baby shower will be more exciting now, as I prepare for a little one of my own too! I plan to soak in as much as I can, and start my wish list for what I will want to put on my registries, etc. But, I do have to gloat for a second, because I am the BOMB on making fun things for these showers. The first one is actually a "Welcome Baby Party" for my friend, Emily. Her precious Charlie was born on July 9th, and we are going to welcome him into the world and spoil him and his mom in style :). Just for something fun, I decided to give a try to some lifesaver pacifiers that someone at work told me how to make. What do you think? They are VERY easy to make. You just take lifesavers and jelly beans and "adhesive" them together with icing - it is best to let them set overnight, and then decorate with ribbon.



The baby shower tomorrow is for my friend, Amanda, who is expecting her first baby boy, Colin next month. I made a diaper cake as my gift and for some fun decoration at the shower. The idea came from a magazine that someone again from work gave me, and I think it turned out great! What do you think? The face just makes it!



I am loving all these crafts!! And getting more excited about getting the upstairs more in order now. Once we get the nursery all settled, Brandon can start to help me get the other bedroom ready for all things scrap booking and crafts!! YEAH!!!

As far as Preggo here goes, I am doing much better. Still feeling a little sick, but getting my appetite back more and more each day. I am just about back to the weight I was when I got pregnant since so far all I had done was lost weight. However, regardless of a little weight lost, the belly is definitely starting to pooch! I am calling myself "in-betweeny" since I am not quite in all things Maternity yet, but having trouble fitting in a lot of my regular clothes. I have worn a couple of maternity shirts that my good friend Michele generously let me borrow, and then luckily most of the stuff in the stores now which I had bought for summer wear anyway was baby doll style. Pants are really the struggle now, so I am just relying on all my elastic waist skirts and wearing lots of dresses too. I can't even begin to describe how exciting all of this is to me! Even though I am still not feeling the best, I am soaking in all of the "funny" feelings I am getting from my body, and loving every moment. It is just so amazing that I have a little person growing inside me, and I can't wait to meet him/her!!!!

No comments: