Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Finding out!

We have thought and talked about it a lot, and Brandon and I have made the decision to find out the sex of the baby! Now that the decision is made, I am excited, and can't wait for our appointment on September 13th! I just hope Baby Inscore cooperates! I don't think I will be able to stand it if they can't really tell for sure!! My gut is still telling me it is a boy, but when I think about decorating the nursery or buying things, for some reason my thoughts first go to girls. So, who knows!?!

Brandon is planning to paint the nursery today. Mint Ice Cream is our color, and I can't wait to see it on the walls! I know I am going to love it :) He worked last weekend getting the walls all prepped - lots of repair work to do - didn't know we had made so many holes in the walls! But now he is ready to paint :)

This momma to be is heading out with my friend Amanda this afternoon. She is due with her first baby, Colin in 4 short weeks! So, we are going to check out some consignment stores she has been wanting to go to. Just to help fill in any last minute gaps for her. And of course I will start looking for myself, but don't see myself getting much. Still too early for me. I am excited though about thinking about starting to hit some of the church consignment sales this fall - especially after we know what we are having.

In other news, even though it is crazy early, my wonderful friends have already offered to throw me a shower and we have set a date! Main reason for setting the date so early is because we are having it at my neighborhood community center, and that place books up crazy early! We even had to go with our second choice on date, because the first one was already taken. So, Sunday December 5th it is! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends that are just as excited about this baby as we are. And I also feel relieved that 4 of them are going to do the shower together. I would HATE for it to all be on one person, and will make it easier for me to just have one big friend shower. So thank you again to Jess, Rachel, Michele & Sarah!

With football season right around the corner, our weekends this fall are filling up quick! I am glad I am starting to feel better, and can actually enjoy getting out of the house more and taking part in the fun. Elon has 5 home games this year, and we can go to all 5! However, we will have to skip tailgating for 2 of them :( But all for good reason. Oct 2nd we are in charge of an event at church in the morning, but hope to make it to the 2nd half of the football game that afternoon. And then one of the Saturdays in November, Brandon is doing "Daddy Boot Camp" class at Women's Hospital in the morning, but we should be able to make kick-off for that game. It is not that I am a huge football fan, but it is just really fun to have a tradition and to do something together as a couple. Brandon and I have already enjoyed our time together, but tend to have different hobbies. So, this is something we can do and enjoy together. He loves the game, and supporting Elon, and I love the social aspect :)

So, I am looking forward to this fall. Getting ready for all things Baby and just soaking in the last months of it just being the two of us. I know it will be a huge change when a little one joins our crew, but I can't wait, and I welcome all the chaos!

No comments: