Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

General updates.....

Why does a piece of cake sound like the best breakfast? Oh yeah, that is because I started Weight Watchers on Thursday and can't have any!!! It is going pretty well so far. I only dabbed into my extra 35 pts last night by accident (didn't know Canola Oil was 2 pts for 1/2 Tbsp!!). But I know the real test will be when I go out to eat or to a gathering at someone's house. Our fridge and freezer are packed right now - might have something to do with our 1 1/2 hour run to Walmart on Friday night (you know you lead an exciting life when Walmart is your Friday night out, HA!). We were pretty entertaining I am sure. I had two Weight Watchers books with me, and Brandon was in charge of the Points Slide (can't wait for my points calculator!!). I hope I can make room in the freezer for the Let's Dish meals I am making on Saturday (looking forward to it Sarah and Emily!!).

On Saturday morning we took my car in for its last oil change, inspection, tire rotation, etc......or at least the last one on our dollar at least. It passed inspection, so nothing extra needed - thank goodness!! Now we just have to find a buyer. Someone from work hooked us up with a couple of potentials, so we just need to get them to come and look at it.

Later that morning we headed to the Zoo to meet up with some of the AOII girls from the alumnae group. We had a lot of fun. There were 12 of us (kids and adults), but we stayed together pretty well. Since Brandon and I had just been in October, we were more excited to see the kids reactions to things. If I have the ages right, we had an 11, 8, 4, and almost 2 year olds with us. Of course with our luck, the power to the park was out, so that meant only salads and fruit for lunch since the grill was broken, and dark bathrooms. At least it wasn't too hot. It was amazing how many people we saw that we knew - the zoo is a popular place, but you still don't expect to run into people, especially with how large it is. But, sure enough, we saw someone from my work, someone from church, and then had a slightly awkward moment when the ex-husband of one of the girls in our group was there with his new girlfriend, and her there with her boyfriend.....oh well!

I started a new medicine last night to try and battle my pre-diabetes and help me loose weight. I hope my tummy can take it, as I have heard it can be pretty rough on it! So far so good. I will be interested to hear the results of my glucose test that I had done on Friday. Until then, off to count points and pack my lunch, and getting ready for another day at work.....at least we are through Monday ;)

No comments: