Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A trip to Wilkesboro

We headed to Wilkesboro this weekend. It is always good to spend time with family! Our niece, Ashlyn was baptized today, so of course we wanted to be there! She just turned 7 this past month. After dropping Chelsi off at Lucky's (her favorite spot!) on Saturday morning, we headed up 421. We spent the afternoon with Brandon's parents at the house talking, and then headed out to do a little shopping before dinner. Barbara and I shopped, while Rex and Brandon talked in the car and took a trip to Lowe's to pass the time :) After shopping, we still a little while before meeting the rest of the gang, so we drove up to W. Kerr Scott dam. I had never been there, and was excited to see some other areas around where Brandon grew up. It was gorgeous!




Then we headed to one of our favorite restaurants, Fire Mountain to meet Derek, Jana, Ashlyn and Weston for dinner. We were able to give Ashlyn her birthday present (even though a month late!) and have some quality family time. After dinner, Brandon and I hopped in the car with Derek and gang and went back to their house for a little while. We wanted to see Derek's new Snap On truck (so many tools!) and visit with the kids some more. I got to see Weston kick butt at a Wii game (cow racing), and talk with Jana. Ashlyn, Weston and I also did some coloring. Then Derek drove us back to his parents, where we watched a little of the race and then I crashed at 11:30pm. Brandon's parents are night owls, and I can never stay up as late as them!


This morning we headed to church. Their preacher, David is great! I always enjoy hearing him preach, and seeing all the familiar faces at their church. As with a lot of small southern towns, a big portion of Brandon's extended family goes to the same church, so it is always great to see everyone. Just so different from how I grew up. After the service, they had the baptisms. My first experience with full submersion, but it was neat. Nothing like I expected, but most first experiences rarely are! Below are some pictures. They aren't the best quality, but still special.


Derek read a little scripture before the baptisms.


Ashlyn with Rev. David getting ready to be baptized (I will be posting a video soon too - my first You Tube!)


Ashlyn's cousin, Levi was baptized as well.


Lil bro, Weston looking on.....such a cutie pie!!!

Ashlyn back in the pew in dry clothes ;)


After church, we headed to Jana's parents house for lunch and a celebration with family. Jana also comes from a big family, and they are very close. I think it is really neat, and always enjoy spending time with them. They are a crazy bunch! Then, we had to say our goodbyes :( and head back to Greensboro to pick up the pup before closing time. Even though it is nice to get home, I always hate saying goodbye. Brandon's mom still cries a little every time we leave, and I also hate having to leave Ashlyn and Weston. I know an hour and a half is a lot closer than a lot of people, but sometimes wish we were closer. But, just glad that my kids will hopefully be able to grow up with family near by since I never did. And I am thankful for that. Anywho.....off to post the video and then watch Big Brother!

No comments: