Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bye Bye CR-V

Well, it isn't goodbye quite yet, but we had a potential buyer come by the house today to see my car, and they decided to buy it! So, once my new car comes in, we will call them back and do all the formal stuff with funds and paperwork, etc. But, we are glad that we found someone who can use it, and we don't have to worry about trying to sell it. We had it washed and detailed inside and out about a month ago at a carwash, and then today we rinsed it off and vacuumed it out one more time before they came over. Doesn't it look pretty?



It is going to be hard to say goodbye to the CR-V. It has been a great car! Kinda weird when you think of all the memories a car gives you, but it is true. I remember when we sold Brandon's Mazda 626 about a year ago, we stood together in the living room looking out the window as the new buyer drove up the street with it, and it was kinda sad. We rode in his Mazda on our first date, took several trips together in it, etc. I am sure I will have the same feeling again at the end of May when I pass the keys over. It has been a good car, and ironically it will be close to 10 years exactly when I bid it farewell, since I got it in early June 1998 after my freshman year at Elon. It too holds lots of memories, and fun stories. Now I just have to make sure I don't get in a wreck or hit another deer in the next month before my new car comes in!!

No comments: