Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

M.I.A.

Ok, really didn't mean to be M.I.A. for two weeks! I guess I have been busier than I thought. First of all, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mom's that read my blog!! And I am excited for Jenny and Jason for their baby on the way! I did today something that I don't think I have done since college - we slept until NOON!! Of course that was because we didn't make it to bed until 3am, but still, I couldn't believe it when I saw the clock!! I rolled over and asked Brandon what he wanted for breakfast/lunch :) Last night was a lot of fun. We headed to Raleigh for a Stock the Bar party for our friends Chad & Anna whom are getting married on October 4th. Chad and Brandon went to high school together, and have been friends for a long time. Here are some pics from the festivities.



The Happy Couple :) opening our gift

Lucas, Brandon, Chad and Justin - the Wilkes Boys!

The dashing couple ;)

We learned last night that there is a little bit of a delay on my Acadia due to a strike at the GM plant :( But, hopefully it won't be too much longer before I get my new ride!! Anna let me sit in her Acadia last night so I could day dream :)
As I am sure many in this area did, the cat, dog, Brandon and I spent some time huddled up in the half-bath downstairs Thursday night (well, technically, Friday morning) as the tornadoes and storms came through Greensboro. Luckily it went north of us, but it was pretty scary to listen to the radio and hear the path of the storm, and knowing it was going through areas where a lot of our friends live and coming our way. We are very thankful, but feel so bad for those who lost their homes and had other damage.

On a happier note, I am excited to report that I have officially lost 6.6 lbs so far on Weight Watchers!! Just gotta keep it going!! But, I can already tell a difference, which is motivation enough. I am off to finally get in the shower, and head to Winston-Salem to spend some time with my Mom for Mother's Day! And of course had to post the adorable pic Brandon took of our "baby" yesterday :)

No comments: