Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Promotion!

So, it's official.....I made it through my first day as supervisor. Of course I really didn't have to do anything, but it was nerve racking enough to see how everyone would react to the news. So far so good, at least I hope :) My first duty is to come up with a name for my new department, since my position was created from combining two entities into one. They used to be combined, were split, and now are being brought back together. Historically the department has been known as Cash Receipts and Disbursements, but to me that is too long a name. But, it does define the duties the best. Sure, I could shorten it to Cash R&D, but then no one would even know what that stood for outside of our office. Generally speaking we only deal with interoffice personnel, but still.......I know....I am making a big deal out of nothing, but since it is my first official duty, it is important to me :) So at any rate, I have been promoted to Supervisor, and will supervise 4 Cash Analysts. 3 of which work on the Cash Receipt side, and 1 on the Disbursement side. I will slowly transition some of my current duties onto others so that I can really dig into "supervisor" type duties, or really just try and get a handle on everything. I am really excited about the opportunity, but yet have a lot of nervous energy. I am comfortable with the job duties, but the supervising part is going to be an adjustment. But, all in all, I think it will be good for everyone, because since I have been working in Finance there hasn't been anyone in charge that really knew the cash side of things inside and out, and I do, because I helped build it onto the new system. I am nervous, because I want to be a good supervisor, and nervous about added responsibility, but I know nervous energy can be good too. It just means I care about my job and the company and want to do well by both. But, for tonight, I am putting off brainstorming about my new responsibilities, and focusing on more important things.....like ordering a new bathing suit!! (Lands End is offering free shipping TODAY ONLY!!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

of course I would read this on Tuesday, one day after free shipping. :) G, you'll be fine... you'll make a great supervisor! Just keep on doing what you have been doing, and you'll be awesome!