Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catching up

Before another weekend is upon me, I thought I better blog about my past one. It was an eventful one! I took Friday off of work, and got some things done around the house and ran some errands. Friday evening we went to the Investiture of my godfather, Tom Schroeder. He is now an official Federal Court judge for the Middle District in North Carolina. This is an awesome achievement!! It is a position for life in which he was appointed by the President of the United States. It was a neat experience. After the ceremony, there was a reception at the Empire Room in downtown Greensboro. Tom's old firm hosted the reception, and it was really nice. We had the opportunity to meet other Federal Court judges and catch up with Tom's family who had flown in from Kansas, Pennsylvania, and elsewhere. The Schroeder family lived next door to my parents right after they got married. My parents quickly became the 6th and 7th children and did a lot of things with Tom and the rest of his family. So, they are like an extended family of ours. My parents act like they are 20 again when they get around the Schroeder kids ;) And it was interesting to have federal agents around the perimeter of the reception - kinda like the movies :) Here is a picture of the Judge, me and my parents.

Brandon headed to Raleigh Friday night, and so I enjoyed a quiet evening at home with Chelsi, and opened a big array of presents that Brandon had left me as a surprise! He felt bad that I was going to wake up by myself on my birthday, that he wanted me to have some presents to open. My parents, in-laws and Brandon all went into together and got me everything on my wish list from Creative Memories!! I am looking forward to putting it all to good use this weekend when I scrap book at church ;)
On Saturday, I had an Open House along with my good friends, Sarah and Jess. Sarah is getting started in BeautiControl, and Jess in ThirtyOne, and so we decided to have a "girly" open house for all three of our product lines. It was a lot of fun spending my birthday with friends! After a much needed pedicure that afternoon, Brandon and I headed to a few graduation parties (Congrats again Kenny!!), and then off to Natty Greene's to meet up with a few of my friends for dinner and drinks. I ordered myself enough drinks that I wasn't ready to call it a night, and so I sent Brandon home and headed to Greene Street with Sarah and Amy Jo to hear The Breakfast Club - an awesome 80's cover band! It was a lot of fun.!!

Not the best picture of everyone, but here is a pic of the girls at Natty's!
(Jess, Sarah, Amy Jo, Amanda and me)
On Sunday I tried to rest up some, and then we headed to Winston to meet Brandon's family for dinner. My MIL's birthday is on the 15th, so we celebrated both of our birthdays, which was fun :) And of course I always love spending time with the niece and nephew! I opened up more gifts - who doesn't like birthdays and all the gifts you get to open!!! My niece and nephew picked out a really cute purse and necklace for me :) I wore the necklace and carried the purse for good luck on Monday for my first day as Supervisor!!
Tuesday night was Senior Fly-up!! This is an annual event that my AOII alumnae group puts on as we welcome the graduating seniors from Elon University's AOII chapter into alumnae status. Even though we thought the storm clouds were going to cancel the event for us, it ended up being a gorgeous night! Below are some cute pics we took.
Last night I headed to Durham after work for a Passion Parties meeting. Our President and head of product development were doing a summer tour to show off new products and get consultants pumped for "Sex in the Summer!" Perfect timing with "Sex and the City" movie coming out soon - can't wait!!! It was neat to get to meet some other consultants in the area, and meet our President who was traveling from Las Vegas. It was a late night, so I am just relaxing at home tonight, and hoping to crash soon and catch some shut-eye. Had another WW meeting and weigh-in today - not so great, but after all the birthday celebrations and other events, I was happy not to have gained anything!! So, I am now down 0.2 pounds for a total of 8.6!! TGIF!!!!

No comments: