Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sun!

My white body finally saw some SUN this weekend!! I didn't make it to the pool every day this weekend like I had planned, but I did get a solid 3 hours in on Monday, which was great! I was good and applied sunscreen, so I didn't get tons, but my shoulders are still a little pink today. My new swimsuit has a criss-cross pattern in the back, so I have a lovely criss-cross tan line to prove my sun time ;) Now I won't feel as bad to wear my summer skirts since I now have a little sun on the legs :) This was a relaxing weekend spent with friends. Of course I didn't do the semi-annual closet switch that I needed to do to get ready for summer, but oh well. Brandon and I even got in two of our Netflix movies - "The Contract" and "I Pronouce you Chuck & Larry" - the first was a little strange, but the second was pretty funny. I did some scrap booking at church on Friday night and Saturday, and got to take advantage of all my wonderful new Creative Memories tools I got for my birthday thanks to my family!!! On Saturday night we headed up to a neighbors house for a little impromto cookout and to watch the Busch race. They have put a lot of work into their backyard and it is awesome! They had someone come in and stamp and paint their once boring cement pad to look like brick. And they have some really nice wicker furniture with fluffy cushions. Since they enjoy the outdoors so much, they have a little set up where they can bring a TV outside, so that is where we watched the Busch race :) I was enjoying myself, and before I knew it, I had finished the whole 6 pack of Smirnoff Ice I had brought! 12 points down the drain in just beverages!! Oh well. On Sunday night, we headed to the Rinaldi's house for a couples get-together, and that was fun. We got to play with baby Cloe who is already 7 months old!! She is so cute!! Michele should be sending me some pics soon, so I will post them when I get them. We got home in time to see the end of the race and see my boy, Kasey Kayne win!! Yeah!!! Of course today was BLAH because it was back to work time, but I can't complain too much because I only have a two day work week, since we are off to Connecticut on Thursday morning to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday!! Speaking of, I need to start figuring out what I want to take and pack - I always seem to leave that until the night before and then end up staying up half the night trying to do all the little things you have to do to get ready to go out of town!!!

No comments: