Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Visits with friends......

So sorry blog world for being away so long! Things have been kinda hectic for the Inscore's. Plus, I wanted to wait until I had all the pics from friends of recent activities, because who really wants to read a blog entry without pics, right?!?!
Last time I blogged it was about Elon Homecoming. That was a fun weekend. Even though Brandon and I didn't venture far from our own tailgate to visit with friends who had come back to Elon for the game, we had a great time with Joey & Jen and others who stopped by to see us.

Then came the Elon vs. App State game on Nov. 15th. Brandon and I headed West on Friday night and made a stop in Wilkesboro to stay with the in-laws. Then on Saturday, along with Derek (Brandon's brother) we headed the rest of the way to Boone for the game. We were so glad Derek joined us. It was his 43rd birthday, and what better way to celebrate than to FREEZE at a football game :) We had fun though! Too bad I got no pics (camera is officially broke!) because we were a sight to behold. We wore our Elon attire proud amongst all the App fans. And even though they couldn't pull off a win, they put up a better fight than most had against App this year. So, the snow, freezing rain and cold was worth the trip! We enjoyed another night at the in-laws, church on Sunday, lunch with the rest of the family (love our niece and nephew!) and then headed back to Greensboro to pick up Chelsi from Lucky's.

The next Thursday, we were thrilled to have Mikaela and Greg visit from Boston!! They had a wedding in Pittsboro on Saturday and decided to come a few days early so they could visit us. Mikaela was a really good friend of mine from Elon, and I miss her terribly (I realized this more after their visit). Here is pic of my gorgeous friend at a stop she and Greg made at Elon before arriving at our house.

We enjoyed dinner in on Thursday night and just talking and catching up. Chelsi and Greg became best buds!!

Then on Friday, Brandon gave them the 50 cent tour of Greensboro (I am always amazed at all of his knowledge - I call him "Random Fact Man!", but even though it is all in fun, I really am married to a smart man). We headed to Lexington for lunch because they requested some good barbecue while in NC. And then we headed onto Charlotte for the day. They had never been and we thought it was a growing city they should see. Our first stop was Lowe's Motor Speedway. And even though I grew up in NC, I had never even driven by and was amazed at how large of a place it was! We made a stop at Hendrick Motorsports to check out the museum and team shop. We took some funny pics of us in the cut-away they had displayed in the museum. It was a tight fit! Must have been Gordon's size because Brandon couldn't even fit and we almost had to leave Greg behind because he was stuck!

Then we headed to Uptown to walk around a little and grabbed a beer before heading out to dinner with friends, Joe & Kristi. Kristi, Mikaela and I all lived together one year at Elon, and Brandon and Joe were our 4th and 5th roommates :) Greg went to Cornell, so Mikaela missed him from afar. We had a great time visiting with them and getting to see their beautiful daughter Katherine again!







Saturday morning after a big breakfast at the local Country Kitchen (yummy!), we said goodbye to Mikaela and Greg as they headed towards Chapel Hill for the remainder of their stay ;( And Brandon and I met up with Brian & Brianne back at our house to head to Liberty for another Elon football game! Just call us the ultimate fans!!! I woke up with a cold that morning and so I made sure to bundle up extra good and have plenty of kleenex with me!! Brianne and I were a sight to behold :)

It was a disappointing loss for Elon. They didn't even show up to the game!! But all in all, a great season, and glad we were able to help cheer them on. I was attached to the couch pretty much the rest of the weekend - my cold had zapped me of energy and I was running like a faucet from my eyes and nose (gross!!!).

I rested up best I could the next few days after work so that I could enjoy Thanksgiving!!!

We picked my brother, Andrew up from the airport (in from San Diego) on Wed night on the way to Winston-Salem to be with my parents. Thursday morning we all bundled up (again me extra good due to my lingering cold - don't laugh at the picture!!!) and went to the Turkey Trot Fun Run/Walk. It was really fun to do something different and get out of the house before stuffing ourselves with turkey later in the day.

We ate around 3:30, and then Brandon's parents came to join us for dessert and visit for a little while around 6pm. Both sets of parents hadn't seen one another in a while, so it was nice for everyone to get caught up. Brandon headed back with his parents to Wilkesboro to enjoy some time with them, and Chelsi and I hunkered down in Winston with the Tash clang for another night. Chelsi loves visiting my parents and playing with Aunt Maggie (my parent's 8 year old chocolate lab).

On Friday, I headed to Wilkesboro to spend some more time with the in-laws and to pick up Brandon. We boycotted turkey and went out for barbecue :) And then after another quick stop in Winston to pick up "wild woman", we headed back to Greensboro that night. I was so glad to sleep in my own bed again!!!

Yesterday morning, Brandon headed out early to go to the NC State/Miami game with his friend, Lucas, while Chelsi and I slept in - it was so nice! I met my friend, Amanda (in town for Thanksgiving) for lunch and a movie that afternoon, and then Rachel and Ken stopped by for a visit last night. I fixed dinner and they brought dessert. We talked, laughed, played a game and had a lot of fun!

So, that has been our last couple of weeks in a nutshell. Lots of visits with friends - all of which we enjoyed! Now can't believe it is time to start thinking about Christmas - I have some shopping to do!!!!......including a new camera so we don't have to rely on friends to capture our memories ;)

No comments: