Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend in Charlottesville! Even though UVA couldn't pull off a win against Miami, it was a good game, and fun spending time with my parents and catching up with friends. Brandon and I arrived about 9pm on Friday night. My parents were at dinner with some friends, so he and I grabbed a couple of beers and appetizers at Mellow Mushroom next door to our hotel and watched App State beat up on Wofford. Not sure how I felt about that. Since Wofford beat up on Elon pretty bad, it was good to see them get from someone else, but doesn't make me feel very good about Elon's visit in a couple of weeks to Boone :( Then we went back to our hotel room where my parents joined us shortly thereafter. We had adjoining rooms, so that was fun - we kept the doors open and were able to just walk back and forth ;)

On Saturday morning, my dad had a meeting, so Mom, Brandon and I grabbed breakfast and walked to the game, and met up with Dad there. Here is a pic of the Wahoo fans ready for the game - we found some orange and navy to wear!

And I love this pic of my mom's socks. She bought those on Saturday morning to complete her outfit to cheer on the Wahoos!!

After the game, we went to the Sigma Pi house to meet up with some of my dad's pledge brothers and see some of the work that had been done on the house recently. Brandon and I left my parents there to visit a while longer and we headed back to our hotel to change and relax for a little bit. Then Saturday night, B and I headed towards to the Downtown Mall and met up with Allison and Gavin for dinner. We had a great time! Gavin went early and got a table for us outside at a place called Miller's. It was a great evening to be outdoors, even though it got a little chilly. And it was so good to catch up with Gavin and Allison, and also to give them an opportunity to meet. We chatted away for about 2 1/2 hours!! When we parted ways, Brandon and I ended up running into my parents who had come to the downtown mall as well with friends after leaving the frat house. Perfect timing!

Sunday morning we had breakfast with more friends. My dad's friend from law school's youngest daughter was in Charlottesville with her husband and his parents for a wedding (get all that?). So, the eight of us enjoyed a great breakfast buffet at the Omni hotel - yummy!! Here is a pic of us while we waited on the rest of our party to arrive.



Not crazy of this picture of us......my family has a bad habit of taking "posed" pictures, instead of trying to get candid shots.

It was so good to get to see Jamie and meet Matt. Jamie and I hadn't seen one another since we were in highschool. After breakfast, Mom, Dad, Brandon and I headed over to First Presbyterian Church in Charlottesville to check out where Gavin is now. It was a beautiful church and everyone was very friendly. And it was so great to hear another of Gavin's sermons. Even though I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know our new pastor, there is something to be said about a familiar voice. Everyone at First Pres seems to be glad to have him there, and I know he will be able to do great things for them!

After church, it was time to hit the road, so we said goodbye to my parents and headed South on Hwy 29. The drive was so pretty!! Since we came up in the dark on Friday night after work, we didn't get to take in all the gorgeous views. I love the fall with the changing leaves, and there is something to be said about the peaceful feeling you get driving through the mountains. We got back in time to pick up our wild woman from Lucky's. She was one tired pooch ;) I am so glad she has so much fun there, because it makes it easier to leave her behind when we take trips.

And back into the groove of things today......

No comments: