Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I am breaking my own rules and blogging at work (sshhh, don't tell!)......today is goody day at work - we love any excuse to bring food around here! - and so I am not feeling very motivated as I am currently coming down from a sugar high and already ready for a nap and it isn't even noon yet! Plus, the vents around here are all messed up, and we are all burning up. We freeze in the summer and burn up in the winter - makes no sense! Don't think I will be able to wear any sweaters to work this winter - just t-shirts with heavy coats :(

Brandon and I are heading to VA tonight. I hope to get on the road by 6pm, because with Halloween falling on a Friday night, I don't want to be on the roads late as I am sure there will be drunk drivers. I know I am probably overreacting, because people who drink and drive don't need an excuse to party, but I am always extra cautious on nights such as this (especially New Year's Eve) and try to avoid the roads whenever possible. I mean, we can take all the precautions and make sure we are safe, but we can't control the other drivers. Just sad that this is a reality that we really have to think about these days.

Our destination is Charlottesville. Along with my parents we are going to an UVA football game tomorrow. The game is at noon and according to the weather forecast, it is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny! So, now I have the dilemma of what to wear!?!? The bright orange sweater I bought two months ago just for this very weekend isn't going to do :( I could go neutral, but when 99% of the stadium wears orange, I don't want to be a part of the 1% that throws it off (even though I have a feeling my husband will be a part of that 1%). I have thrown a bunch of options in the suitcase, and even though I may break every fashion statement, I will be in the right colors! (hopefully....). Or this just gives me an excuse to buy something new too :)

While in the good ol' town of Charlottesville, we are going to meet up with my friend Allison who works with InterVarsity at UVA, and our ex-preacher (how else do you explain this - because this doesn't sound very nice), Gavin. Blog world may recall me saying a few months ago, that the irony is that my friend Allison is a member of the church in which Gavin is now the interim. Small World! They hadn't had a chance to formally meet yet, so Brandon and I will be the tie that brings them together. We are looking forward to catching up with both of them.

So, until next week, HAPPY HALLOWEEN, and be safe! And I leave you with a picture of my Halloween mascot - our black cat, Callie - Halloween is her holiday ;) And she is going to enjoy it even more this year because her crazy dog sister will be at Lucky's Pet Resort and she will have the house all to herself tonight.

No comments: