Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

October Vacation

Brandon's blog gives more details to the activities of our vacation, but I had to reiterate a few things:

1) I shot my first gun! A part of the weekend's wedding activities was a visit to the local skeet shooting place. I didn't think I could do it, but I did!! So, I am officially an Inscore now :) I was pretty nervous and as I prepared for my first go at it, I had butterflies in my stomach. After the first two shots, I wasn't sure I could continue as I had tears streaming down my face. Luckily I hid it well and prepared for the second round as Brandon reloaded my gun for me. And as we continued through the stations, I became more and more comfortable, and by the end, I was loading the gun all on my own. It wasn't as bad as I thought, and helped having Michelle there as well so I wasn't the only female. The boys were very patient and very encouraging, and I could tell Brandon was proud when he kept telling everyone I hit 4 skeet :) I even had a bruise as evidence of my adventure.


2) I joined the circle with the Wilkes boys as they passed around some Moonshine at the reception. We had to take the "ritual" to the woods as everyone wanted a taste, but I can now say I have officially tried it :) I only had a few sips, but that was enough as this was potent stuff!


We had a great time at the wedding! Brandon really has some great high school friends!! Of course the weekend was full of story telling of days of the past, but we came up with some new ones as well. And then we headed to the beach to celebrate our 4th anniversary and just enjoy some R&R together. It was wonderful!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ginny. White Lightnin' AND skeet shooting? Did I really meet you at church? :OP (I hear you on the shotgun thing - I had bruises the first (and only, thus far) time I shot one!)