Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Good Ol' Days

Do you ever notice that when you get together with a group of people that you have known for a long time, that you always end up talking about the past and the good ol' days? I guess it is because normally in cases as these, you aren't as involved in one another's everyday lives as you once were, so you naturally talk about the times you used to spend together. My family had one of those moments last night. My brother was in town from California (he spends more time on the east coast now that he is living on the west coast!) and so I headed to W-S yesterday evening to spend some quality family time. It was just the 4 of us, like it used to be, and so our conversation drifted during dinner and on the car ride home to days of the past. We laughed and laughed. But at the same time, it made me sad.....because it made me realize that we all have so many other things going on in our lives and don't spend as much time together as we once did, that we were migrating to the past for conversation. Even though I don't want to go back to highschool, and the awful days of middle school, I do miss the times we used to have together, sitting around the dinner table and playing games and spending time together. Before we all had all the stresses of our current lives. But, at the same time, I feel very lucky to have grown up in such a loving home. I can talk to my parents about anything, and my brother and I have always been close. I look forward to the days when Brandon and I can start a loving home and family of our own.

No comments: