Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Turn that frown upside down

Last night I was trying to remember that good ol' saying everyone used to tell us when we were young - "Turn that frown upside down". #3 Elon had a BIG game against #4 Wofford yesterday. It was our first televised game of the year, and two undefeated teams in the SOCON were playing one another. First of all, the day started out with lots of rain, but we had tents at our tailgate and were just glad to see the sun come out in time for the 3pm gametime. Well, our smiles quickly went away, as Wofford continued to beat up on Elon, and Elon fumbled and turned over the ball over and over again. It was embarrassing that this was the game that was being televised, and embarrassing after all of us had talked Elon up so much. They have had an amazing year, but I am afraid that last night ruined it all. The final score ended up being 20-55 Wofford. But, I can't be angry with the boys - they have done so well, and everyone has to have a bad day, just wish it wasn't this game! Makes me nervous about our trip to Boone on Nov. 15th when Elon takes on App State. Brandon and I still plan to go to the game, and just hope that even if we don't win, it isn't as embarrassing as this game. Brandon headed off with some of our friends after the game to see Elon take on UNCG in Greensboro in Soccer, and at least we came away with one win yesterday!

And the day wasn't a total loss for me either, I walked in the rain yesterday morning for a very worthy cause - Arthritis Research! A couple of other AOII alums and I joined in with a large group of girls from Elon, and many others from the community and walked at Bur-Mil park to help in the effort against Arthritis. It was fun, and always amazing to see people come out and support causes such as this! I told one of the girls from Elon that I was so happy that they were able to come even though it rained, and she said, "well it is required." Oh yeah, I forgot about those required events! That does make a difference, but at any rate, they all had fun, and I was so glad they were there! But it did remind me that I don't miss that part of the collegiate sorority days - being told where and when you had to do things! I swear, there were days I felt like I was back in kinder garden!! But, I wouldn't trade it for the world - I love my AOII sisters!

No comments: