Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tonight marks the end of my vacation......I head back to work tomorrow after 10 days of stress-free living. I like myself so much better when I am stress free. I laugh more, sleep better and don't worry. But with the economy in its current state, I feel lucky to still have a job to help make ends meet. I checked my work email to try and get a head-start on tomorrow, and I had a "friendly suggestion" to change a process I oversee from another supervisor. While I usually welcome feedback, this one made me cringe. I know changes need to be made, but I need to find a tactful way to respond to this particular one as to say "not going to happen!".......anywho......not going to worry about it tonight.

We are meeting my parents and brother in a little while for dinner at Village Tavern....yummy! Since Brandon didn't get to visit with my brother on Friday as I did, they decided to head towards Greensboro to hang out with us tonight.

I just got back from the grocery store - after vacation - nothing in the house to eat trip - but I am proud that I got out of there right at $100. However, I am sure I forgot a lot of stuff and will have to make another trip later in the week - even when I make lists, I always forget something.

Was just online trying to design this years Christmas card. I love doing the photo cards, but don't seem to have a picture I love this year to use. Oh well, I have a few that will make do. Just crazy that it is that time of year already to be thinking about this!

This morning we finally made it back to church. We hadn't been in three weeks (two due to vacation and one due to laziness), so it was nice to get back into the routine. I am anxious to meet our new pastor, but in the meantime, enjoying the sermons of our associate pastor. I always enjoy hers. Today she talked about re-gifting, and I found it really interesting. I made me think back to times that I either gave or received a re-gift. I remember my freshman year of highschool there was this girl who ate lunch with my group of friends, and her family didn't have much money, and when my birthday rolled around, she still managed to bring me a gift. I know it is the thought that counts and that is what I tried to remember, as she gave me a used pair of earrings and a teddy bear that had obviously been sitting in her smoker parents' house for a while. Of course, once I got home they went straight into the trash (which I felt a little guilty about) but to her face I gave her the biggest thank you I could summon. I thought it was really sweet of her to do that even though we weren't that good of friends. So, as Margie talked about finding your gifts from God and re-gifting them to others, I tried to think of my strengths and how I could better use them. She made a really good point in saying don't think about what the world needs or what people want you to do, just think of the things the build a fire inside of you. Do unto others what you want done unto you.

My first day back at work tomorrow is going to be a short one, as I am heading out around lunchtime for a funeral in W-S. A neighbor that lives across the street from my parents, and whose grandsons I grew up playing with passed away on Thursday. He was a great man, and even though I know it will be hard for his family to see him go, I know he is in a better place. I just really worry about his wife whom he left behind with Alzheimer's. The family has some difficult decisions ahead as they decide what to do next, and I don't envy them at all. I am just glad I will be able to attend the service and pay my respects and be there to support them in this difficult time.

No comments: