Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Back in College?

Ok, first of all, before I start this post, I need to reassure everyone that I really don't' drink that much, but I know a lot of my posts seem to revolve around that (at least lately). Just a social thing I guess. Anyway, on Sat night, Brandon and I headed out for a couples outing to celebrate my friend Michele's birthday. We started the night at a restaurant/bar in Mebane where we took some much needed updated photos of all of us while we waited for our table.


The girls :) AOII sisters and coworkers

The birthday girl, Michele and her hubby, Tony

Awww....cute picture, don't you think?

Jess & Richard - newly engaged!
Then, at dinner we tried out something that this bar is known for - beer served in a cylinder. It was pretty cool. Here is a shot of Brandon getting a refill.

After dinner and some beers, the boys dropped the girls off at a martini bar in downtown Mebane. Really cute place where they let you draw on the table with crayons. We were loving it! So, anyway, after coloring some cute pictures and drawing all over our table, cell phone rang, and turns out the boys got pulled over for running a red light only a block from the martini bar! So, we had to leave before we even had a chance to order :( All was fine, and we ended up back there where Michele and I downed a martini real quick (I had The Cake, which was delicious!) while we waited on our ride. The local cop was being a real jerk and wouldn't let any of us drive the car off the premises, even though one of us had only had a few sips of beer - literally! So, "Mother Teresa" and her hubby came to our rescue and drove us back to Michele and Tony's house. It was a fun night overall, and even though the cop cramped our style a little bit, we definitely have a memorable night to talk about! It is just that I was used to dealing with situations like this in college.....not now :)

No comments: