Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Small World!

Among other things, I have been helping work on a scrapbook for our Interim Pastor who is leaving us next weekend to go onto his next venture in Charlottesville, VA. It has been so much fun collecting pictures from various members of our church and getting to know faces and events that took place before we became members, as well as remembering the fun events we took part in. There are so many wonderful people at our church! Anyway, when I found out that our Interim was going to Charlottesville, I immediately thought about a friend of mine who lives there and works with Greek InterVarsity with UVA. I called and left her a message to say I had something random to tell her (figured she would wonder why I was calling when we haven't seen or talked to one another since last fall when we visited Charlottesville for a football game). She called me back yesterday and we had a great conversation chatting and catching up. We caught up on the usual AOII stuff (as she was a sorority sister from Elon) and what we both had been doing this summer. Then I got to my random fact - the Interim Pastor at our church was leaving and coming to Charlottesville. Well.....it turns out he is heading to her church! When I last saw her she had been struggling with finding the right church home but felt strong about one place and was thinking of joining. Turns out she did join this past May and that is where he is heading. I was able to ease her mind by telling her how great of a person he was, and that I knew he would do great things for their church. We both were just flabbergasted at the coincidence, and said how small of a world it can be sometimes! So, I definitely want to make a trip to Charlottesville this fall - see another UVA football game, hang out with my friend, and visit our pastor at his new church!

No comments: