Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just call me Grace :/

Hint for you fellow bloggers:

HIGH HEELS + FOOT THAT IS ASLEEP = DISASTER!

That was me at church today! Our Pastor was installed today, and Brandon and I of course wanted to be there for the occasion. The church was packed, but we managed to find a seat, even though it was a tight fit. We had a lot going on during the service with the installation and communion, so it lasted much longer than normal. So, after sitting with my legs crossed in the pew for about 45 minutes, I guess my foot went to sleep. It was so weird, because I didn't have the tingling feeling you usually get when that happens. So, when it came time for communion and I stood up to exit the pew, my left ankle gave way and I lost my balance. I had the pew to catch me, so I continued forward (what else could I do - couldn't change my mind mid-stream). However, when I made it to the aisle and started towards the rear of the church (thank goodness for small blessings in that we were seated towards the back and didn't go to the front for communion) my ankle gave way again, and DOWN I went. Luckily I didn't get hurt (just walked away with carpet burn on my knee) so I bounced right back up. I did opt to take my heels off though for the rest of the journey! Brandon was right behind me, and of course made sure I was ok. Even though it was embarrassing, luckily no one made a big deal out of it (hoping a lot of people didn't see) and it happened in a place a feel comfortable (my church family). My only concern was if I flashed anyone since I was wearing a dress today, but Brandon assured me I didn't.....Whew! On the way out after the service, one of the members came up to me and made sure I was ok, and we laughed about it. So, anyway, just call me Grace. I guess it happens to all of us at some point or another.....and I am sure it will happen many more times.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What???? I never knew you fell! (which means no one was talking about you at lunch! ;) )

you poor thing!!

Ok.. just kidding. KT just said that Burl told him! hahahah!! but he was worried about you.

I'm so sorry you fell-- But it was good to see you at church.

Sarah said...

I so did not see that! And we were as far in the back as humanly possible. Glad you're okay... I probably would have broken something (as is my luck).