Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random blog

I realize I have neglected the blog recently.......just got tired of blogging about all my happenings, and feel I didn't have much else interesting to say. Plus, I have become addicted to facebook. Anytime on the computer outside of work is usually on there these days. I don't know why, but I thrive on checking out what other people are up to. I think it is just a phase. I was all about My Space for a while, and then the Blogs, and now Facebook. Guess that means I need to get more of a live of my own, huh? But, really I think it is just neat to catch up with old friends, and feel more a part of everyone's daily lives (just like with the blog world). I know it would be better to actually pick up the phone and call a friend, or meet them for dinner if they are local. And sure, even an email or handwritten letter would be more personable, but our generation is more about IMing, blogging and general chit-chat online. I think most of it is the fact that everyone has their own stuff going on, and when you call you feel you might be interrupting something. It's funny, because I don't talk on the phone much anymore in my newer position at work, but even so, I don't do well talking on it for long periods of time at home either. Yet, I can stare at a computer all day at work, and then come home and do it some more catching up on Facebook, emails, and blogging......what is wrong with this picture?!?

This weekend ahead will be a busy one......I always seem to do that to myself......I was just saying a few months ago that my calendar looked pretty empty and maybe I could actually just relax and do some things around the house......but that quickly changed! But at any rate, it will still be fun - hanging out with friends and doing fun activities to include scrapbooking, Elon basketball, celebrating Founders' Day with AOII Sisters, and other various activities. So, until next time......STAY WARM!

No comments: