Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cancer Sucks

Cancer knows no age......it takes the ones we love, it comes out of the blue, it causes pain, it is scary, and it just plain sucks. I am not saying anything new or anything that anyone else doesn't already feel. Everyday it seems we all learn about someone who is faced with cancer, or we may be ourselves. Well, last weekend, Brandon and I were faced with the news that a good friend of ours from college has cancer, and he is ONLY 28!! The news is still fairly new as he is still learning the challenges that face him ahead. However, this was the first time I really felt the dagger to my heart of sympathy and pain for him. My grandfather had cancer, but he was older, had lived a full life, and I was too young to really understand. Since then, I have prayed for countless others as they have dealt with cancer themselves, or with a loved one. But, this is the first time that I can say I truly felt the anger. Anger that cancer could attack someone so kind, so young, so full of life and promise. But, this also gives me hope, because I know he can fight, and together with his friends and family's support, I pray we can beat this! It is not going to be easy.....but you have to have hope.....sometimes that is all there is in life.

No comments: