Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Weekend!

I love the weekends!! Especially weekends when I don't have much planned, and can just do whatever I want. This weekend started out great! Last night was "Sex & the City" and Cosmo's with the Circle 8 girls. I laughed so hard I cried - both at the movie and while at Village Tavern with the girls afterwards. It was so much fun!! I love these girls!!! After having two drinks, I wasn't ready to call it quits, so I called Brandon on the way home to see if we had beer in the house. We talked and enjoyed a beer out on the back patio, which was nice. He worked a lot of overtime the last few weeks, so we hadn't had many opportunities just to talk and catch up. And it was so nice outside - that was until the BIG spider came out from under some pine needles and came towards me. Being the bug phobic I am, I screamed for Brandon to step on it. Well, when he did, it turned out to be a preggo spider and what seemed to be about a million babies came running out everywhere!! Brandon did his best to hold Chelsi back, while I stomped away at the babies......all the while apologizing for ending their short life so abruptly.....but come on now, I couldn't have all of these spiders coming into my house, now could I?!? And so, that also ended our evening outdoors, because of course all I could imagine was that one of the babies I didn't stomp the life out of was crawling up my leg! So, we came inside and turned on the TV and watched Jay Leno. Larry the Cable guy was on, and we love him, so we laughed some more. The beer started to make me sleepy (well that, and it was past my bedtime), so I stretched out on the couch with the pup while Brandon enjoyed some leftover hush puppies (he made a run to Stamey's for his dinner of course). Well, next thing I know it is 2am, and I am asleep on the couch, and finally motivate up to bed. So much for a evening of catching up with the hubby! So, we have set tonight as a date night. Not sure of the plans today yet, but I know I want to get some pool time in, and then probably work on my closets (hard to figure out what to wear in the hot temperatures outside when you are still surrounded by winter clothes). Later we will probably run some errands - need to get a Father's Day gift for my father-n-law and something for our nephew's 5th birthday (Wow, can't believe he will be 5!). I also may want to pick up a few things that actually fit (yeah for weight loss!) JUST IN CASE I actually go to Hawaii (more on that later - waiting to get confirmation from my bro). Then tonight will probably grill steaks and watch a netflix movie and just chill with the hubby - no better place to be than home with the hubby ;) Of course I would love to be cruising the town in my Acadia tonight, but looks like it might be another week before I get it :( Oh well. My previous post was full of excitement about my car being built and a free trip to Hawaii, and now this one is about a delay on getting the car and a possible cancellation of the Hawaii trip :( bummer. That is why the Girls Night Out and chillin' with the hubby are a perfect way to spend the weekend!!

No comments: