Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lots to be thankful for.....


Brandon and Chelsi

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for many things, but most of all I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Brandon, who picks me up when I am down, makes me laugh, is a wonderful listener, cute, loving, strong, smart, great with my family, understanding, laid-back, patient, affectionate, full of random knowledge, handsome, and makes me feel "at-home". Recently someone told me how lucky I was to have Brandon, and that what we have is not as easy to come by as you would think. These words rung true in my heart, but also opened my eyes to the world around us. All I have ever wanted is for my family and friends to find true happiness, and when some of them have their ups and downs, I seem to have them with them. Brandon has told me several times that is the reason he feel in love with me, for my big heart. But, sometimes this big heart can get in the way of my own happiness. I get wrapped up in what is going on with everyone else, that I sometimes forget to appreciate what I have. I am doing my best to step back and realize that life is not always "peaches 'n cream", and that all I can do is stay true to myself, pray, and smile. I truly believe that God will only give each of us what we can handle, and sometimes when the world feels like it is crashing down on you, you just have to take some time to pray, find the little things that make you happy, and your roller-coaster of life will have an upward slope again soon. I find myself taking my own advice, and so this holiday season, I am going to appreciate all the little things and try to get out of this "funk" I have been in recently. On a lighter note, here are some pics of my Turkey day with my wonderful family!

My Mom and me


My Dad and brother, Andrew


Brandon with his parents, Barbara & Rex



My niece, Ashlyn and my sister-n-law, Jana

My nephew, Weston and me

Brandon and his brother, Derek












No comments: