Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Proud Aunt!

Just because I got some really cute pics of my niece and nephew over Thanksgiving, I thought I would write a blog to brag on them :) Ashlyn & Weston are Brandon's brother's kids. Ashlyn is 6 and Weston is 4. They live in Wilkesboro, and even though it is only an hour and a half away, I wish I could see them more often! But, I tell you, after visiting with them, I am pooped out! They are all about "Aunt Ginny" right now. I hate it for Brandon, as I know he would love to interact with them a bunch too, but there will be a time when it will be all about "Uncle Brandon." Whenever we go out to eat (which is what we do every time we visit) it is always fun trying to figure who is going to sit where. Jana and Derek have gotten to the point that whenever we get to the table, they say "Ok, Ashlyn & Weston, where is Aunt Ginny sitting so the rest of us can sit down." I am always right in the middle of Ashlyn and Weston, and spend the rest of the meal like I am at a tennis match with my head going back and forth, back and forth between the two of them. Most of the time, I have both of them talking to me at once, which becomes quite entertaining. But, all in all, I wouldn't trade them for the world! They are really great kids, and I just hope I will be so lucky one day!! Ok, now for some cute shots of my sweeties!!

Their favorite restaurant is "Fire Mountain" because it is buffet style and you get to make your own ice cream cones!


Ashlyn just lost her first tooth! She told me that the "Tooth Fairy" came to visit her. I asked her how much she got, and she said, "oh, I got a dollar - I would have liked ten, but that's ok". Hey, at least she is honest!


And Mr. Weston might as well be "Brandon Junior"!! It is amazing how much he looks like Brandon. I wonder if that means my kids will look like Derek!

At least the game boys they got last Christmas entertain them some so the rest of us can actually eat and talk. I tried to play Mario, and I forgot how bad I am at video games!

No comments: