Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Half-way there! - 20 weeks!!

Well, we have made it to the half-way point! I am excited and anxious all at the same time. It has started to hit me recently how much there is still left to do and I am feeling overwhelmed. However, I know that all will be ok, and as long as we have the essentials that is all that matters. Brandon and I have been so busy, we haven't had a chance to really stop and talk much. On Saturday night, I pulled him into the bedroom and closed the door. We needed to be away from the TV, the dog, the cat, everything. We layed on the bed for what I thought and hoped was going to be a long nice chat, and then I just started to cry. And I mean, I sobbed. I think I have been holding all my emotions inside, and it wasn't until I had some alone quiet time with my hubby that it all hit me. So, we still had a nice moment, but instead of a lot of talking, it was more him just comforting me. As always, he made me feel better, and we were laughing not too long after. I am also very excited on top of all this anxiety. I started looking online this weekend to get ideas for things to register for or get. I picked out my diaper bag - of course Vera Bradley! - and I think my mom is going to go ahead and order it since it is one of my favorite patterns that is being discontinued (Hope Garden). I am already going to turn our little girl into a Vera girl :) Since I have several things in this pattern already, I figure they will now become hers :)

This past weekend, our little AOII legacy also participated in her first Arthritis Walk (AOII's National Philanthropy is Arthritis Research). I met some other AOII Alumnae at Bur-Mil Park on Saturday where we were able to support a cause important to us all. And it was so neat to see that all 100 Elon AOII collegians joined the event as well! I had to be cute, and make a little sticker so everyone knew about our legacy in my belly. Here is a pic as our little girl and I got ready to leave the house :)

No comments: