Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's a GIRL!

We had our 19 week ultrasound yesterday and found out we are having a GIRL! I was so excited and nervous going into the ultrasound. I remember just gripping the table and trying to hold perfectly still as the technician put the first images of our precious girl on the screen. She was ALL OVER THE PLACE! A drastic difference from the last ultrasound where they had me get off the table and do jumping jacks to try and get her to move. It may have had something to do with the Coke I had on the way to the appt :). I was in complete awe the whole time. I don't think I said much. Brandon was super excited and every time I looked at him, he was moving closer and closer to the screen. Later someone asked me if I cried. I remember shedding a tear, because I remember it rolling down my cheek, but otherwise, I really was just in awe. The 3-D images captured were absolutely amazing! I am already in love!!! So, both Brandon's and my predictions were wrong. We both thought boy. But, we couldn't be more excited about our precious girl!! And we get to see her again in a couple of weeks. They couldn't get a good picture of her spine because she was moving so much, so they want us to come back. Darn! :) I will remember not to drink a coke for that appt! When the technician left the room, Brandon and I just looked at one another. I am still in shock that I actually have a baby growing inside me and now to find out it is a girl! So exciting ;) I wore a yellow shirt to the appt and brought a pink and blue one with me, so I immediately put on my pink shirt and wore it proud the rest of the day!! Brandon is really going to be outnumbered in our house. With me, two girl pets, and a baby girl on the way.....but I know he is LOVING it! He LOVES his girls :)





2 comments:

Emily said...

I love looking at her pretty face!! So happy for you and Brandon!

Sarah said...

YAY!! Girls are SO much fun... I'm so glad Sydney was first. (Makes Ethan seem much more mellow... har har.) It's nice to be able to do something GIRLY for a change, with all these boys floating around. ;o) Congratulations!!