Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nursery Fabric!

Mom and I went shopping yesterday and I think we have found our potential nursery!!! I took swatches so that I could see them in the room itself and compare with accessories we can get at stores (sheets, etc). But, I keep falling in love with it the more and more I look at it ;) I originally didn't want to do a lot of pink and make it too girly. I wanted a neutral nursery. But, in essence, we will still have that since the wall color, furniture, and glide rocker are all neutral in green and white. Curtains and bumper pads can be easily changed. I also wanted something that my little girl could grow into, instead of just being for a nursery.



The walls are already painted Mint Ice Cream. We are using existing white furniture and plan to get a white crib. And our glide rocker is a medium tone wood that will be recovered in the green fabric. Then, assuming we can get everything we need, we are planning on using the other three as coordinating fabrics for the curtains, crib skirt and possibly bumper pads or other crib bedding.

I feel so lucky to have a Mom that is so talented and willing to do this for us!! I don't know why, but it feels so good to customize the nursery just how I want it for our little girl, instead of picking out an already customized theme from a store. I like being creative. And I didn't want something with a theme or over the top. I wanted something she can grow into and won't feel all baby baby. I did surprise myself, because I never thought I wanted this much pink, but I LOVE how it works with the yellow and greens.

So exciting!!!! Now we just hope she doesn't pop out as a boy instead! ;) LOL

No comments: