Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spoiled

Yesterday was a fun day! Brandon and I headed back from Chapel Hill in the morning and picked up Chelsi at Lucky's. And then BI headed off to play flag football with some guys in the neighborhood, and I headed off to meet my mom and some friends for a girly movie. We saw "Definitely, Maybe" at the new theatre by Four Seasons Mall. It was cute!! Jess, Amanda, me and our moms went. So, it was fun to have mom/daughter time. After the movie, my mom and I headed over to the new Friendly Center and did some shopping. She spoiled me and bought me a few things ;) I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes. I am usually a Target/Kohl's girl, or things on sale. But, my mom loves to shop at Talbot's, Coldwater Creek and Chico's. I guess it a volume thing. I have a lot of cheaper clothes (because I know I won't take care of them and I like variety), and she has fewer nicer clothes that last and can mix and match. The sales women at Coldwater Creek do their job well! They have wonderful service, and convinced me to buy a sweater, necklace and belt for almost $150!! My mom got me the belt, so I only had to spend $90, but I never come out of a store spending that much and only having two things!! But, it is fun to do every once and a while. I am going to try on the new outfit for Brandon in a few minutes to see what he thinks, and if it is a keeper, I will probably wear it to church today :) And then we spent some time in Chico's and in helping my mom pick out some things (spending a gift card she got for XMas), I found a top I thought was cute. My mom insisted on getting it for me, saying she doesn't get to buy things for me anymore. A part of me wanted to argue, because I don't want my parents to feel they have to buy me things, but I loved the top and wasn't willing to spend the $70 on it myself!! Plus, Mom had a coupon. Now I just need to make sure I dry clean/wash these items properly so that they last!! After shopping, we met Brandon and my dad for dinner at Bravo. We had a wonderful meal and stayed for about two hours talking. I love my parents! We need to make an effort to spend more time with them and Brandon's parents. They are so close (Winston and Wilkesboro), but yet we only see one another every few months. So, overall it was a great day, and I was spoiled a lot!! I hope I will be able to spoil my kids too!! However, I know money doesn't equal happiness. My true blessing is my wonderful family.

No comments: