Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Vacation Wife

The hubby and I enjoyed a night away this weekend. We went to Chapel Hill on Friday night for the Will Ferrell "Funny Or Die" comedy show. It was great!! Brandon is a huge Will Ferrell fan, so I got him these tickets for Christmas. And we decided to make a night of it, and got a hotel for the night so we didn't have to rush back home. After the show we found a pub and had a few drinks and talked and talked and talked. It was awesome! We didn't realize how much we needed this, and vowed to do it more often. When I was telling someone at work about our plans, she said, "Oh, you are going to be a vacation wife!" It is so true!! There is something to be said about getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and just enjoying time together. And I don't know the last time we just sat down and talked that much. And I found my new favorite drink - "Pineapple Upside Down Cake"!! It is normally a shot, but where we went they had it as a martini. Yummy!!!

No comments: