Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ahhh...Spring!

I love the warmer weather! This is one of my favorite times of year - it is getting warm and the change is welcome, but it isn't hot yet. By the end the summer, I am usually looking forward to cooler weather, but after some cold days this winter, I am looking forward to the sunshine! Of course we get a taste of it for a couple of days when we are stuck inside at work, just in time for it to get cool again this weekend - not fair!! We took full advantage and made dinner on the grill tonight - our first taste of hamburgers and hotdogs for the year :) Many more to come at various cookouts and dinners I am sure!! Of course, first Brandon had to clean out the birds nest that was in the grill. I don't know why, but for two years now, birds think the grill is the prime spot to keep their baby chicks safe. At least this year we were able to move the nest before the eggs hatched, because that tore at my heart last year!! I mean, it is still hard to disturb the nest of eggs that you know a mother is trying to look after, but it is even harder when the little beaks are looking for food :( We need a new grill cover, but the last one we had rotted away so quickly and then got torn up by a certain brown puppy.....hmmmm, I wonder who?!?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I would take a bird's nest over petrified chicken, which is what we found on our grill last night! Ew. :)