Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

All Rise for the Honorable....

My dad found this old newspaper clipping to give me from my grandmother's scrapbook. Here I am (age 18 months) with my dad at his swearing in ceremony as a District Court Judge. He stepped down from the bench a couple of years later and became a family law attorney. My mom said this was the front page of the local section of the paper. I look thrilled, don't I? While at my parents house today, we also looked at a bunch of old slides. My mom is preparing a slide show of pictures to load onto one of those new digital photo frames for my grandmother's 90 birthday present, and has had a lot of fun digging through old photos. It was so funny to see some of the things my parents wore in the 70's :) Once she gets those uploaded to the computer from the slides, I will have to share some of those. One of which included my dad in white bell-bottoms, and another of my mom in a fly-suit. Too funny!! Again, makes me wonder what kids will be saying about our generation in years to come. It is hard to say what is in my closet right now that my kids will find amusing 30 some years from now.

Seeing this old article of my dad as a judge, got us excited about the upcoming swearing in ceremony for my godfather. He has been appointed by President Bush to become a Federal Court Judge. This is a huge honor, and a lifetime position. We finally heard that the date for that is supposed to be May 16th!

No comments: