Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

False Alarm

We officially set off our alarm for the first time tonight.....and of course it was after 10pm (after quiet hours, right Sarah?)!! When we got the alarm system installed they gave us free key-chains that could be used to turn the alarm on and off and also included a panic button. I was paranoid about hitting mine, and also felt more comfortable actually typing in the pin number to set and turn off the alarm, so I took my key chain off a few months ago. Well, tonight after a late Lowe's and Walmart run, we were unloading my car when all of a sudden this loud sound was coming from our house. We both looked at one another and were like "what the heck!?!" So, I ran inside and put the code in, but it still showed an alarm on the keypad. I waited and waited for them to call, but no luck. Well, what is the good of the alarm if no one will call I wondered. Brandon said maybe they would just send the police. Well, about 2 or 3 minutes later (when I could have already been dead!) the phone finally ran "Hi, this is David with APX security. We just received notice of your panic button being set off, did you need the police?".....No, no, I explained, just my husband setting the panic button off via his pants pocket :) (my only guess is he hit it while reaching into the car to grab the bags from our shopping spree). But, I am still concerned about the time that passed before the call came in.....and also only after I had entered the pin number into the key pad 2 times! Oh well, all of this technology is beyond me!! Brandon is actually working on another form of technology as we speak.....Time Warner Cable came this evening (hence our delay in errand running) to install our new Internet phone and upgrade cable and road runner, but now our TIVO won't work :( Not sure if the outdated TIVO will be able to work with all this new found technology. Oh well. We should both really be in bed anyway......

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL... if you don't live in the "City limits" you should be fine. :) If it happens every night, though, your neighbors might get mad... and Michael sets the alarm off on his truck quite often with the "pants pocket" trick. ;o)