Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Yesterday was our church's First Annual Neighborhood Lawn Party. It was a huge success!! We are guessing there were somewhere between 200-250 people there. And everyone seemed to have a great time! So, all of the planning and hard work was worth it - especially when I saw all the smiles on everyone's faces. And I personally "ordered" some fabulous weather, because it couldn't have been better!! Here is a shot of me - don't judge the outfit - I don't know what I was thinking!

Now, my next task will be to organize all of my notes into one place so that someone else can make it even bigger and better next year!! Brandon and I agreed that we have helped organize two big events so far this year for our church (A Couple's Enrichment weekend, and the Lawn Party) so we are taking a break for a little while (we actually want to attend one and enjoy it stress free!). One big event a year is enough, and we have done two! But, we had a lot of awesome help so it really wasn't that bad. I really enjoy doing things with and for our church family. GPPC is a great place and full of great people!! Sarah was our wonderful photographer (she called herself the official unofficial) for the event, so below is a link to her pictures. (Thanks again Sarah - and Michael too since I saw him snap some shots as well!!)



NEIGHBORHOOD LAWN PARTY PICTURES

These are great, and really capture all the fun everyone had!!! As you can see, we had a variety of activities and ages present, which I loved!!!! Now, I am off to get in the shower and head off for another crazy Monday at Willis Re!! (Now that the Lawn Party is over, I really need to focus on the Settlement Class I am teaching at work next Tuesday - everyone keeps coming up to me and saying they can't wait for my class, so I better make it good!....which means I need to START putting the PowerPoint presentation together....oops!)

No comments: