Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

My weekend

While Brandon was enjoying a bachelor weekend, I had a busy one myself. Friday night and Saturday was scrap booking at church. We finished our pastor's album, and IT LOOKED AWESOME if I say so myself. We rock!! And we knew it wasn't going to be easy to hand over our hard work (selfishly wanted to keep it for ourselves) but I know he will love it. We blew the albums from his past churches out of the water!!

Saturday night, Sarah and I headed downtown to Natty Greene's to meet up with some other friends for drinks. I had a feeling I was going to have a "good" night when the first pint and a half went down so easily before anyone else arrived :) Amanda (in town from Raleigh) showed up next with her brother, Alexander and his girlfriend, Erin who were in town from Arizona for a visit. Another pint was ordered, and again it went down like water (count is now 3). Jess and Richard arrived next, and a round of shots were ordered. The girls enjoyed "Pineapple Upside Down Cakes" and the boys, Tequila. Some more of Alexander's friends stopped by throughout the night to visit with him while he was in town. At one point, when feeling really good, I decided I needed a puff of one of the guys cigarettes (haven't had a craving like that in a LONG time). Well, just one puff, and it gave me a buzz. Then, Amanda and I enjoyed a "Slutty Redhead" shot and another pint was ordered (count is now 4 beers and 2 shots). So, at this point, I am feeling really good and have a great time with friends. Amanda got trapped by drunk Ginny into one of those "deep" conversations that alcohol can lead you to, but mostly we were all just laughing and cutting up with one another. Then I decided I needed another "Pineapple Upside Down Cake" and one last pint, as well as one whole cigarette bummed from Alexander's friend (count became 5 pints, 3 shots, and a cigarette). Needless to say, I was feeling pretty good. Around 1:45am, Sarah and I decided to call it a night, bid our farewells and made the mandatory McDonald's Late Night menu food run (no worries, Sarah was my designated driver). Back home at 2:30am, with the room still spinning a little, but with a full belly of quarter pounder, coco-cola and fries, I closed my eyes and welcomed sleep.

Sunday morning, 7am - even though I was still exhausted, I made myself get up and drink some water and give myself some time to wake up. I had been nominated, sort of, by the scrap booking girls to present the album to the pastor at his reception in between services, so I had to be coherent. At 8am with my stomach still queasy, I made the college days decision that puking would help, so I did, and I felt so much better! After more water and a few saltines I hopped in the shower and then headed towards church.

When I arrived I honestly felt there was no way I was going to make it through the whole reception and service, but after spending the morning laughing and crying at all the presentations made in our pastor's honor, I decided I would rather be no where else. I don't know how he made it through, but with only a few tears, he gave a wonderful last sermon. I was even moved to make a few notes, which I never do! Mostly just phrases he says every week that I didn't want to forget. Even though I didn't know him very long, since we have only been attending there for just under 2 years, I am really going to miss him. But, I also can't wait to meet our new pastor (who ever he or she may be) and get to know our associate pastor better. With every event and with more time spent with this loving church family, I KNOW what people mean when they say they found a CHURCH HOME.

So, even though I wore two very different "hats" this weekend, it was a great one! Unfortunately, I have to end it with doing a report for work before heading off to bed and getting ready for another very busy week!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

you are so funny.. i had no idea you had such a crazy night when I saw you yesterday! ;)

Sarah said...

Ditto to Emily's comment. You are the epitome of "put together" because I had NO idea! :O)