Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Long weekend!!!

I am so excited for a long weekend!! Of course I didn't start it off too well......the office closed at 2pm today, but what time did I leave?......um, about 5:15pm, so basically around normal time. I was just trying to make my life less hectic on Tuesday morning, as well as finishing up some must-do duties before month-end.

Not too many plans this Labor Day weekend, but that is ok - I can't wait! We won't be bumps on a log - we do have a few fun things planned - I am just so glad not to be running all over the place.

Tomorrow is the start of FOOTBALL!! Elon's opener is at 7pm against Richmond, but of course our gang has to take advantage of a pretty summer day and start tailgating at 2pm. We tailgate with a bunch of my co-workers, and have a great time. I didn't realize how many people were coming out for the opening game, but it sounds like it is going to be "Willis" day at Elon ;) It will be fun! Brandon and I better start early tomorrow trying to get all our stuff together (it always takes us forever to get out the door to go somewhere!). Gotta take the tent, chairs, cooler, beer, snacky foods (hmm....have to think of what still) and all our Elon Pride gear! We basically camp out :) I know Elon is not on the top of everyone's list for THE GAME to watch, but Brandon and I really enjoy heading back to our Alma Mater and hanging out with friends. He has really really been looking forward to this football season (I think because I am all over the place all the time, something to do isn't new for me, but he hasn't had much to look forward to except for all the stuff he does around the house). And come on - he is a boy and this is sports!

Speaking of my boy - I am so excited to announce that he finally caught onto the addiction and CRAZE of blogging and started his own! So, check it out!!

If Sat. night doesn't go too late, and we don't have too many of Dave's tailgate special shots (this year we have a new one I hear - no more 'Surfers on Acid' - but can't remember the name of the new one), we will head to church on Sunday morning (shots and church don't really go together in the same sentence too well, do they??? OH WELL). And then Sunday night we are heading out for a couples dinner (YEAH!) to celebrate several things (Michele's employment at Willis - a little overdue, but still warranted - and Jess & Richard's engagement and new found home ownership!). We have called this outing "Dinner on Willis" since Jess, Michele and I all work together and Jess is picking up the tab with the bonus funds she got for Michele starting work there (having friends work with you has many perks!). I got the bonus when Jess started, so she got it for Michele. So, if anymore of our friends decide to join the Willis train - Michele is next!

Monday, we both have off - but no real plans. I am sure we will find things to do around the house, and I may even try and get in some pool time (I can't believe it is the last weekend already!) especially since I have only been to our pool TWICE this year! At least is doesn't cost us any extra - another perk of a new neighborhood where your $50 home owner's fees go real far!

Now, I am off to check out the movie listings to see if there is anything that catches my interest for a possible date night tonight......otherwise, I am sure we will get caught up in all the political stuff on TV. Oh yeah, Brandon picked up a DVR box for us today from Time Warner!! So, not only did we finally upgrade to Digital Cable last month, we now can record all our shows!! We tried hooking TIVO up again last night, but no luck - I think it is just too outdated.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day!!!

No comments: