Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!

I had just what I needed this weekend........time away from everything!!! While Brandon was in New Mexico enjoying some time with a Fraternity brother that just moved there, Chelsi and I headed to Winston-Salem to spend some time with my parents. I was spoiled, able to relax, and just had some good 'ol family time! Friday night was dinner out to celebrate my mom's birthday and then home to watch the opening ceremonies of the olympics. Saturday started off with a walk around the neighborhood with my dad with both dogs in tow while mom was getting a haircut, and then shopping that afternoon with my mom to help her spend her gift card at Talbots and buy Brandon's birthday gifts from Lowe's. Saturday night was dinner at home and more Olympics, with all of us, 3 adults and 2 dogs passing out in the den watching tv at 9:30pm! Today we were lazy and hung around the house in our PJs. We booked our flights for XMas to San Diego, CA (my bro will be living there for six months), and I raided my parents house for misc. items for the Lawn Party at church on Sunday. Today is my dad's birthday, and we did what he likes best, just "putsing" around the house :) Then Chelsi and I loaded back in the car along with all the stuff we accumulated, and headed home. Now, I am waiting on Brandon to get home from the airport (stuck waiting on his bag at baggage claim - too many flights in at once!) and will fix him a birthday dinner of steak tips, mac 'n cheese, green beans, cake & ice cream!! His birthday is tomorrow, but figure we will celebrate tonight. I have his presents displayed and ready for him to open!! I love birthdays!!! But, I tell you, this time of year is crazy with all the ones we have in a row in our family!! Since Brandon had the camera with him this weekend, I stole a few pics he had already posted on Facebook - so here is your glimpse of New Mexico! He had a great time visiting his friend Brian! The 1st pic is from Route 66 - the middle of nowhere!, and the 2nd is a typical New Mexico front yard - no grass, just rock!

No comments: