Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2007

Cubicle Land

I saw my new cubicle for the first time this morning. Our office was running out of room for new hires, and I guess they thought we just needed a change, so we have been involved in several phases transitioning the cubicles over. This past weekend was my area's turn to reconfigure. So, below are some before and after pics. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but let me reassure you, it is very different!

Before Pic #1: All packed up and ready to move.


Before Pic #2 - at least we got to leave early on a Friday afternoon :)



After Pic #1: At least we got a nice new chair.


After Pic #2: Hello Neighbor!

I don't want to be negative and say I hate it, but it is going to take a lot of getting used to!! They are about a foot smaller on two sides, and the walls are half as high on one side and pretty much non-existent on the others. I have already purchased earphones, and I am sure I will be putting them to good use soon (more on reasons why another time). To top it off, we received an email Friday afternoon from Human Resources with a notice about restricting strong fragrances in the office. I feel for those with allergies, but just seems crazy that they can tell us not to wear perfume, not to use lotions, or eat at our desk. I know everyone is not going to adhere to it, but just another one of the joys of working in the corporate world and in cubicle land!! At least I get along well with my co-worker and cubicle neighbor :) Her daughter just got engaged this weekend, and is hoping to get married in August, so you can guess what I will be hearing about for the next 8 months!

I found the below link. The sad part is, I can attest to knowing someone who has broken all 10 rules, including myself on a few!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Etiquette-for-Cubicle-Land!-10-Tips-for-a-Happier-Office-Environment&id=343971

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow... that happened to us recently - we each picked out horse names (i.e. Seabiscuit) because it felt like we were in stalls in a horse barn!! (I guess all the estrogen got to everyone, though; pretty soon we're getting bigger cubes with higher walls... no more throwing things at each other.) You'll get used to it... I hope! :)