Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I had some "Friend Therapy" this weekend. My friend, Jess and I headed to Raleigh on Friday afternoon to visit our friend, Amanda. Amanda just recently moved back into the area after living in Knoxville, TN for a few years. So, we took advantage of all being close by around the holidays, and had a much needed "Girls Weekend." We went to dinner Friday night at this really neat sports bar, and then headed back to her house for our gift exchange, Christmas movies and spiked hot chocolate. On Saturday we battled the crowds and headed to Crabtree mall to finish our Christmas shopping. I had never been to that mall, and really enjoyed the day of shopping and hanging out with friends. We spoiled ourselves at the end of the long day of shopping and walking at the Cheesecake Factory. Again, another first for me, and it was wonderful! We started out with fun girly cocktails, then the appetizer sampler platter, and last but not least, we each got a dessert. It was awesome! Amanda had a company party Saturday night, so Jess and I headed back to Greensboro (slowly and cautiously in the rain). I needed this girls weekend more than I thought. Just a time to giggle and be silly with friends - no negative talk or drama - just three girlfriends catching up. Here is one of our silly pics - I love it! - we are already in our PJs and getting ready to enjoy our hot chocolate. (Just ignore my double chin please!!)Of course with our busy lives, it is hard to find time to get together with friends as often as we would like, but I know I can count on some "Friend Therapy" each month with my church circle girls, and that is awesome! I love hanging out with Brandon and being with my family, but friends have always been and always will be very important to me. Friends are with you through thick and thin, and even though sometimes your lives are going in different directions, you know they are there for you. It hurts when you can't be as close as you used to be, or just don't understand what one another is going through, but sometimes I just have to accept that friends will float in and out of my life, and every one of them will leave footprints on my heart!

2 comments:

Jen said...

that sounds like fun, ginny! by the way, thanks for the christmas card- that's a great picture from tailgating! we're not gonna send out Christmas cards this year, but i hope you guys have a wonderful holiday! if you are ever down in sc, let us know- we've got extra space. :)

Emily said...

how fun! so glad you got lots of good girl time in!