Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

Lighthouse Tavern

"Elon Lighthouse Tavern & Deli owner charged with buying date rape drug"
The Lighthouse was the place to be when you were a freshman at Elon, because it was one of only a few bars within walking distance of campus, and you could get in under age 21. Well, imagine my surprise when I heard about this headline from Burlington's TIMES NEWS today. Understandably an investigation is underway, and I don't want to judge before all the facts come out, but I honestly feel sorry for anyone that feels they need to use a date rape drug in order to have sex. Why would you want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you? Girls have always been reminded not to accept drinks from random guys, but now you can't even trust the bartender? I swear, sometimes I really worry about what this world is coming to. A sorority function was taking place the night the bust took place - so luckily lots of innocent girls were hopefully spared.
This story just makes me sick to my stomach. Luckily I still have my memory of my previous blog's news story involving Brad Pitt to cheer me up :)

No comments: