Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa's on his way!

It's Friday evening, I am home from work and excited because my holiday vacation has finally started! I wouldn't say I have not been in the Christmas spirit this year, but it just hasn't really felt like Christmas. But, now I am really starting to get excited about spending time with family and of course, presents!!! It is going to be a busy weekend, but just glad we have the long weekend with Christmas Eve and Day falling on Monday and Tuesday. At work today, my cubicle neighbor, Amy said to me, "You know, I should have put Merry Christmas on my signature for outgoing emails." As we have already been over that I am in the corporate world, my first comment was, "Yeah, but you may want to just put Happy Holidays, instead of Merry Christmas." Well, she didn't like that idea - she wasn't mad at me, but led to a discussion about how we both are sad at what the world is coming to, and she said "I dare anyone to say anything to me about saying Merry Christmas. If they don't like it, they can just ignore it." So, even though I was the one that originally suggested Happy Holidays over Merry Christmas, I have to agree with her. I am excited for Christmas, and excited to be celebrating the reason for the season, and want to share that joy with others. So, Merry Christmas everyone!! And not only is Santa on his way, but a Savior was born!

No comments: