Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve!

Presents are all wrapped, cookies and bread all baked, dishes done, dog walked, showered and ready for Christmas! We are leaving in about an hour to head towards Wilkesboro to be with Brandon's family. My brother came in town yesterday and stayed with us last night. His roommate and he drove up from Charleston together, and we met them in Winston to pick up Andrew. We pretty much just lounged around last night, but it was nice to have him in the house. I fixed the boys left over Ted's Kickin' Chicken wings for an afternoon snack, and then we had pulled pork sandwiches last night (I Love Let's Dish!). I asked my brother if his sister was domesticated enough for him, and he said, "yeah, it's a little weird." I guess other times he has been here, we have just been on the go and I haven't really taken the time to make meals. And he couldn't believe all the baking I was doing either. What can I say, I am turning into my mom! We went for a walk around the neighborhood last night to check out all the Christmas lights. Some people just don't have any taste when it comes to decorating! One of the houses in our neighborhood is all decked out, and they even have Christmas music playing when you walk by. Needless to say they are a retired couple with lots of money and extra time :) I just did the usual wreath on the door and candles in the window. Nothing special. Well, I better finish getting ready and load the presents in the car. I am always a little nervous that everyone will like what I got them - especially my niece and nephew. Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!

No comments: