Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Duh!

How can you get called out for not responding to an email when you weren't copied on any of the original correspondence in the first place? I just received an email tonight about a planning meeting for an upcoming event at church. The correspondence between group members dated back to before Christmas, but I was just included in this last email. The scary thing is that someone noticed enough to see that "The Inscores" hadn't responded, but didn't notice enough to see we weren't on the email in the first place? I really do love older people, but sometimes I think the email/computer world is just too complicated for them. My dad for example, is addicted to email, but had you asked him about email just about 3 years ago, he would have looked at you like you were from outer space. My mom got so tired of him dictating emails for her to type, that she taught him how to use AOL on his own. Now, he is addicted. He will send an email and go back 5 minutes later to see if he has a response. I keep telling him that everyone else isn't running to their computer constantly to check email like he is. Technology is great, but getting people in past generations to keep up is an impossible feat. I can't tell you how many times a week I have to help coworkers sort an excel spreadsheet! Come one now, it really isn't that hard - but guess that is easier to say when you understand it. It is always hard to act dumb about a certain topic and put yourself in someone else' shoes when you have no problem with the task. I guess our grandkids will be saying the same about us when we can't figure how to work the flying cars!

No comments: