Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rinse, Recycle, Repeat!

This is going to be a short entry, because let's face it, I am TIRED! But, no worries Jenny, I will fill in more juicy details later! But, my title for this blog is because of the world-wind weekend I just had. It was one of those weekends, when everything fell on the same one, and I just couldn't say no. But, all in all, it was a great weekend, because I enjoyed everything I did. Here is a short synopsis with a few pictures to add entertainment......

Scrap booking at church on Friday evening after work and Saturday morning. Didn't get a lot of pages done, but picked up some new cropping ideas and of course enjoy all the chatting with the other ladies. Here is a pic at lunchtime on Saturday (Jenn got caught with a mouth full of food!).

Friday was Sarah's 27th birthday, so of course I had to go out to help celebrate at INFERNO. It was a lot of fun, and I got to do what I do best - "People Watch!" - and let me tell you, there was a lot to see :) I had never been, so it was nice to do something different, while helping a good friend celebrate! The birthday girl is on the right, trying out the "stripper pole" along with our friend, Rachel. (More stories on the pole in a later post!) We danced and had a lot of fun!!



After finally making it to bed at 3am, I slept for a few hours before showering and heading off again (hence....rinse, recycle, repeat!). After scrap booking for a few more hours Saturday morning, I headed to a baby shower for one of my college roommates, Kristi. Even though it isn't a great pic of her, it really shows how big her belly has gotten!! She is so cute pregnant, but I know she is tired and miserable, so glad her due date is only 3 weeks away. I can't wait to meet "Baby Keener"!

After the baby shower, I headed home for another wardrobe change and to grab Brandon, and then it was off to Grandover to pick up our niece and nephew. Brandon's brother, Derek had a Snap-On tool conference and dinner, so we let Jana and he enjoy the evening, and we took care of the kids. After a quick dinner at Elizabeth's Pizza (in which we were only successful in getting them each to eat half a slice of pizza - why is it that kids hate to eat!) we went to the Monster Truck race at Greensboro Coliseum. Brandon went as a kid and thought they would enjoy it - it was however, my first experience! They took a little while to warm up to it, but they ended up having a great time, especially when the Dirt Bikes came out - they seemed to like those better than the Monster Trucks. Here are a few cute pics!





After the race, we battled the crowds, did a quick run-through at McDonalds (the half a slice of pizza didn't last long!) and took them back to the hotel. We hung out for a little while and talked with Derek & Jana while the kids wound down, and then headed home. We pulled in the driveway at midnight, to find the new neighbors next door were having a party. After being in our house for 4 years, this was the first time we had to put the TV on in our bedroom so that we could go to sleep over the noise next door. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence!
Today was church, and then home to crash for a few hours while Brandon went shooting at the gun range. I got caught up on laundry, did some more cropping of pictures to get ready for the next scrap booking weekend, and ate some lunch. Then we headed over to dinner at our old next door neighbors'. Their new house is really nice! And due to the party the night before, we told them we already missed having them live next door!!! We teased Jill & Austin and told them we were going to refer to them as our "rich" friends now :) But, really with two young boys, a dog and out of town family that likes to visit, they really needed the extra space. If they grow out this one soon, they have too much stuff!! I couldn't believe all of the closet and storage space - so jealous!!! Brandon told Austin we would come over and help them "break-in" the new house anytime.
Now, I am off to bed, where I can hopefully get a good night's sleep before another "Manic Monday" at work! I so hate Mondays!!!!

No comments: