Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Year's Resolution in progress.....


Ok, so maybe it took some results from blood work at the doctor to motivate me a little more, but at least I can honestly say I am starting to work towards one of my New Year's Resolutions. Of course it is the same every year - because who doesn't want to loose a little weight, but when there is High Sugar and Risk for Diabetes in the picture, that changes things. So, we officially added a new piece of equipment to our house this weekend - the Schwinn Airdyne Bike! Yeah, so it is from 1991 - a loan from my parents - wasn't really doing much collecting dust in their garage - but it works great! Who needs one of those new fancy things - this should help take the pounds off just as well. On Monday we put the truck to good use again and brought the bike back from my parents - snagged a free lunch in the process (healthy of course) - parents are always good at spoiling!! And then went to work setting up the new exercise room. Poor Callie is loosing some of her "Kitty Room" freedom. We had an extra TV that we were planning on getting rid of, so we stuck that in there, and Brandon found some old computer speakers that he set up so I can hook my IPod to them and jam out while I cycle. I was hating the cold and not being able to get outdoors and exercise some, so hopefully this will do the trick from stopping me from being a couch potato. I put it to good use this morning already! Now, I wonder if we can get Chelsi and Callie to use it?!? Callie really needs to take some pounds off as well, and my dog who hates the cold needs to expend some energy!! Anyway, time will tell on how good I am at disciplining myself. The hardest thing is going to cut back on sugar - I LOVE sugar!!! I have been known to make a bowl of frosting just to sit down and eat it!! YIKES, I know!!! Brandon was sweet and bought me some sugar free candy to help curve the craving - and it actually isn't too bad. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: